Architectural Review Board (ARB) is chaired by Board member Randy Pool.
Members of the Committee are Phil Ahlschlager, Mike Baker, Skip Friz, Randy Pool, and Larry Shoffner.
The Committee reviews three elements:
Pre-Construction, Construction, and
Pre-Construction – Architectural review and plan approval. Please use our ARB Application to submit plans for Pre-Construction.
Construction – Working with builders, supervising construction, and compliance.
Post-Construction – For changes to existing homes. Homeowner application for Post-Construction modifications.
Please feel free to contact anyone on the ARB Committee if you have any questions.
*** THE ARB APPLICATION IS A FILLABLE FORM BUT IT ONLY WORKS WITH ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC. If you ALREADY have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you can complete this form online and automatically send it via email. If you DO NOT HAVE Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you can download it by clicking HERE. (Be sure to uncheck the McAfee Security Scan Plus and McAfee Safe Connect if you do not wish to install these additional programs.) Open the fillable PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, fill out all relevant fields and click on “Click Here to Email Form” at the bottom of the page. If your email program or provider does not automatically open with the form attached, please save the completed form to your computer and attach in an email to RPoolSSPBoard@aol.com.
ARB Fees and Remodeling Deposits
As our neighborhood has matured and we are almost complete on new, first time construction, we are experiencing many remodeling projects taking place in our community. Some are quite complex. Many of these projects have the same risks as new home construction: use of heavy equipment, multiple trade workers in the neighborhood, parking, potential community and adjacent private property damage, and ARB, Board, and property management staff participation work effort. Because of this, the following application fee and (potentially refundable) damage deposit structures are required for remodeling, repair, and enhancement projects for existing homes. When a damage deposit is required, all or partial deposit refunds may be made after a final inspection has been completed, any or all damage and clean-up has been completed, satisfactorily accepted and approved by the ARB, and the appropriate government regulatory authority has completed and approved the final construction inspections.
- Any remodeling/addition project requiring a footer, culminating in additional square footage to the existing home, or any existing deck or patio which will be enclosed or have a roof built over it, whether space is air conditioned or not, will require a $50.00 ARB fee and a $2,000.00 damage deposit. Note: Most existing framed decks and concrete or paver patios do not have adequate or proper footers to support or enclose a framing structure that would enclose the existing floor around and/or over it. Check building codes and permits with NMB for guidance and regulations. In all cases, an ARB application is required.
- Any sea wall, bulk-heading or rip rap to any property on any lake or wetland will require appropriate approvals and permits from the Army Corp of Engineers, the City of North Myrtle Beach and an ARB application for consideration. A $50.00 ARB fee and a $2,000.00 damage deposit are required.
- Any pool or concrete/gunite installed spa will require a $50.00 ARB fee and a $1,500.00 damage deposit.
- Driveway, sidewalk, walkways, and patio demo and/or paver replacements or additions to these types of areas over 300 ft² will require a $25.00 ARB fee and a $1,000.00 damage deposit.
- Aggressive landscape changes to include, but not limited to, retainer walls, masonry fences, exterior enclosures, etc., and new tree installation or removal of three or more trees taller than 12 feet high, along with other major landscaping/planting alterations, will require a $50.00 ARB fee plus a $1,500.00 damage deposit. However, projects that are limited to large tree installations, moves or removals only, and other minor landscape alterations will not incur an ARB fee. Based upon size, number, and equipment needed to move, remove, or plant trees or other landscaping alterations, a damage deposit of up to $1,500.00 may be required. The decision on damage deposit will be made on a case-by-case basis by the Chairman of the ARB.
- Roof replacements and tear-off or second-over roofing will require no ARB fee; however, normal ARB approval applies. A $1,500.00 damage deposit is required.
- Minor landscape changes, additions of prefabricated fountains, skylight and sun tube installs, addition of windows or doors to the existing footprint, installation of approved shade devices, minor paver installations (see above), approved storm door installations, and approved hurricane protective equipment installation is an ARB required process, but has no fee or damage deposit associated with the project.
Other activities not listed here will be evaluated based upon complexity and risk; potential fees and damage deposits will be determined by the judgment of the ARB Chair and approved by the Board of Directors as appropriate.